View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 07:27 PM   #22
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Hun...here we go again...

I'll try not to be too nasty

Quote: Okay who is this Uncertain drummer and who does think he is?,

I am the most controversial member on the boards and I THINK I have the right to pronounce whatever opinions I may wish. Especially when they are easily supported by facts.

Quote: Myles Kennedy the greatest Lead singer ever.

What kind of ridiculous straw-man argument is that? I said nothing of the sort. I said he was the greatest rock singer alive. Not EVER, ALIVE. Robert Plant in his heyday would definitely be my pick before Myles, Chris Cornell at his peak I would also take. I could probably think of quite a few others. I also didn't say greatest LEAD singer of all time. That impleis that I think he is the greatest frontman. He is not. Bono is. But Myles has a far better voice than Bono, Stapp, or anyone else you hear in the mainstream today.

Quote: Myles is a very talented vocalist but hey I can think of 30 Good vocalists from the past ten years,

Good vocalists drop like flies. Great ones don't. Have you ever trained your voice or sung in a professional capacity? Just curious.

Quote: until he comes close to having as successful career as Scott Stapp had, rocketing Creed to the top of the charts, come talk to me then.

GRRRRR! Can there be a ban on people saying that record sales=talent? It is absurd. Stapp has a mediocre voice with lyrics that are entirely hate-able, and a prima donna atittude. Just because Creed sold a zillion records doesn't make him any better than the guy working 9 to 5 who practices every day and has a five octave range.

Quote: On the other hand Kennedy does have extrodinary range at times, kinda reminds me of a robert plant from zeplin.

Myles is less tenorish than Plant. Myles can go lower than Plant, but Plant I still think a better singer. If only because he was in Zep, lol. No, really I think Robert can stay higher for longer.

Quote: Getting back to Chris Cornel, he is another talented rock singer, but lets be serious we all know that Cornel with his voice could never even touch Zack Dela roch from rage against the machine.

Did you just say Chris Cornell is no Zack de la Roche? WHAT?! Zack de la Roche knows how to scream, Chris Cornell knoss how to SING.

Quote: Even Soundgarden was a up and down band, I think they maybe put out one really good album and Audioslave is no Rage against the machine just as Alter bridge is no Creed.

Okay. Audioslave is so much better than RATM it is not even funny. RATM was too political, had too much rap, too many effects, not enough focus on musicianship. But I can grudgingly understand that you might like RATM more.

But Creed is SO far out of AB's league it is hilarious. Let's go by the check list:

Drums: The drumming in AB is substantially better than the drumming in Creed, where Philip's basically recycled the same beat in EVERY SONG.

Bass: Well I am no bassist, and I actually think it is the weakest spot of AB. But it was nver anything special in Creed and is probably a lot better in Alter Bridge. Althoguh you can't really hear the bass in either.

Guitars: Tremonti improves so much in the jump between Creed and AB it is insane. Also, free from the constant demand for NOTHING but a ridiculous amount of stupid radio friendly catchy melodic hooks with no substance at all, he writes some nice riffs and some awesome solos.

Vocals: There simply is no question Myles is a more technically proficient singer than Stapp. PERIOD. You can't argue that. He has more range and hits harder notes, as well as with incredible consitancy.

Lyrics: Lyrics are amazingly subjective and to tell the truth, I don't like Creed's or AB's lyrics. But Stapp's lyrics are preachy annoying radio lyrics that do nothing but make my skin crawl. AB's are bad but at least they don't offend you.

Quote: Though Uncertain has put AB at the top of the mountain, seeing their performance at the derby shows as a band they have a long way to go,

Top of the mountain?! What? I don't think they are anywhere NEAR that. They have an album with four great songs, six below-average songs, and one good song. They have lots of potential, mostly in the hands of their ridiculously talented singer, who by the way can also SHRED. Stapp can't even strum.

Quote: especially having seen creed four times outdoors Stapp would have totally blew the doors off Kennedy in my opinion.

Sure. The derby sucked. I hated it, it didn't show their good side. So? Who cares. At least they have good songs to play (though granted, they didn't PLAY a good one). Creed had a solid rookie album and then it all went downhill. AB might do the same but at least they haven't yet. They still have potential.

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 07-26-2005 at 10:12 PM.