Thread: Scott
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
MissSeeker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I personally read the lyrics before I listen to a song, they are what moves me the most and since you're so well informed you should know Scott wrote almost all of them. Lets face it, Scott's passion is what made Creed such a great band.
Without Scott's charisma Creed wouldn't have been so succesful. Alter Bridge is succesful thanks to Creed, they just got many Creed fans handed on a plate because Tremonti and Philips are in there. I'm not surprised Brian is negative about Scott. Obviosly the guy is holding a grudge against Scott because they got in an argument when Brian was insulting Pearl Jam. That was the reason Brian had to leave Creed.
I think it's a dissapointment that Tremonti and Philips left Scott because he was going through a hard period. For example he gained some weight because he was taking pills against inflammation. He kind of isolated himself and they didn't have any understanding for it. I don't think that the man who wrote 'Faceless Man' can be a pathological liar. The chances are bigger that Tremonti and Philiphs are addicted to attention and fame and couldn't wait for Scott to recover. But hey that's their loss. So far Alter Bridge hasn't made one song that's as deep and meaningful like Creed songs. I'm sure Scott will be very succesful on his own anyway.
By the way the poem is meant to be a sort fanletter, not a masterpiece in poetry. I'm not trying to get Scotts love either. I just know all his songs and I love him very much because he had a positive impact on my life and on the lives of many others. By the way when it comes to growing up, Alter Bridge lyrics deal with the same kind of issues as Creed so Tremonti must have had troubles growing up too.

I understand you're in love with Tremonti but you're giving him too much credit. Try to be a little more objective. If Mark had done all the work Scott wouldn't have been in the band in the first place.

"...in the frozen night I prayed, for a touch of warmth so long delayed...