View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 03:04 AM   #19
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Tried to stay away from this thread but after seeing the abused word of God, I had to intervene. I hope people that read those verses read this!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) Again, very wrong. No one gets their own planet. There is nothing that says anyone can or has. See, you think you know things about the LDS church, but you don't.
I did not ask U this time about the planet thing, I asked FM, who is now an elder and should have been told. And I know mormons and practicing mormons at that so please dont tell me that what your own brothers have told me is not true.

Obviously U didnt ask your officials like I asked you to. Please do HD. Theres no harm in it. Just ask.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Facelessman's verses on baptizing the dead) John 5:25 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live."
The word for dead, nekrosthat is used here is used figuratively man. It can be used that way and its pretty obvious that it is! Look at the verses before this one, particularly the one JUST before!

v 24: I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned;he has crossed over from death to life
They arent dead, just dead figuratively. Just like the eyes of the blind being opened. Yours are still blind so U wont get that one.

Oh and what about this one that U quoted, and conveniently left out the rest of:
[b]v 28: Do not be amazed at this for a time will come when alll who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out-those who have done good will rise to live and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.[/B]

So if they did evil whilst being alive, is a dead-baptism gonna help em? No me thinks.

Quote: (Originally Posted by FM) 1 peter 3:19 "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison"

NONONONO!!! That is so sneaky and horrible!

the prison refered to here is HELL, where the people of Noah's time that did not listen are now;

And he is not saying that he preached to them in hell, he is saying that those guys, while living, had a chance as God sent the spirit of Jesus that "preached" to them but they ignored Him.

The word preached is being used in a past tense that U are taking advantage of to prove your point. A deceptive point at that. But that is pretty characteristic of your religion.

ROCK HARD!!!