View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #30
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
thanks steve... and what's the big deal w/ a deficit? it's money we owe ourselves. it's basically like a big national credit card. that's deficit spending, using money you don't have. so are you against credit cards?
i'll agree that the patriot act is too strong, but we still need the good parts of it. and have your freedoms been violated by the act itself in the two years or so since it was passed?
thank god you didn't make a bunch of "shitty economy" remarks because, believe it or not, there are other factors at work in the economy's state other than the president. in fact, in my political science 101 class, we learned: the president really has nothing to do with the economy. honest-to-god, he doesn't.
as for north korea, i'd say kim jong-il has done a pretty good job of isolating his country himself, what with declarations of nuclear capabilities and all.
ignoring social security? bush said he wants to privatize it. i don't know about you, but i'm sick of paying a good chunk of my paycheck to a bunch of seniors. the social security act took the elderly and made them from one of the poorest groups in society to on of the wealthiest. and i'm sick of hearing all this talk that, what with people living longer and all, and collecting social security for 20-30 years or so, that we young'ns might not get all that much. i'd much rather be able to put my social security tax dollars (or a rough equivalent) into something i have more control over, rather than relying on the federal government for my stipend. it's like welfare for people who already have money.