View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 10:32 AM   #18
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Their war records have nothing to do with this campaign. Kerry shouldn't have started promoting himself as a Vietnam vet. The Swiftboat guys shouldn't have been allowed to release their ad. And now that stupid false CBS report shouldn't have been talked about either. It's stupidity.

As far as the rest of the world - sure they can have an opinion, but they don't live in the same society as Americans. They have different governmental policies. Their views are biased from the get-go.

And aside from all these arguments, Kerry has publicly said that knowing everything he knows now, he would have still voted to go to war. So where's the difference?
Well, if you look back at my posts on this forum, I had agreed with the war too. I did say it was a bit rushed, though. Perhaps the timing wasn't the better, but Saddam needed to be ousted. I think, and maybe I'm being naive, that if US had waited a bit, they could have gathered more support and planned/developed a better strategy. that's it.

So the war has nothing to do with my opinion now.

Anyway, I'm sorry I'm stepped into the discussion about your president, not mine. It's just that I like talking about politics!