Thread: I love Tremonti
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #49
Robin101
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: I love Tremonti

Uncertain, it had to be you caught in the middle of a multi-page arguement that's slowly spiralling out of control!!

I respect your knowledge but I have to disagree with you on a few points - just a difference of opinion.

I wouldn't consider Burn It Down to be Mark's best attempt at songwriting. Any song that begins with the lyric 'Drank so much last night I think that I drowned' can't be going in the right direction. The chorus is pretty decent though.

I'd consider Metalingus and, yes, In Loving Memory to be his best attempts. They wouldn't win any awards for creativity but they are strong and to the point - you know where he's coming from.

Overall, his lyrics are not great but this was his first attempt at writing a full album and I expect the best is yet to come. He does have a unique way of constructing songs lyrically. I'm pretty sure he wrote Torn from My Own Prison. Look at the writing style of that song and it's very similar to those on ODR.

I'm actually a bigger fan of Mark's work in Creed. I love the intricate (if that's the right word) intros to songs like Torn, What's This Life For, One Last Breath and What If. I agree with you regarding his contribution to songs like Bullets and Unforgiven - a great song (even lyrically, I think you would agree - Mr Stapp deserves a pat on the back for that one?).

I had to laugh at the comment about your good self trying to turn this into an AB Vs Stapp thread. We all know you're Stapp's biggest fan!! Are the rumours true that you have his name tatooed on your forehead?

Stapp a loser...I have to disagree with you on that one.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger