View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 09:06 PM   #57
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) So you say there is only one God in one sentence and then in the next you say that Jesus is divine? There is no in-between. Either Jesus is a creature, thus not Divine, or there are two Gods, which the Bible clearly rejects, or there are three persons in ONE GOD, the only reasonable explenation.
Divine does not mean he's God.
di·vine
adj. di·vin·er, di·vin·est
Having the nature of or being a deity.
Of, relating to, emanating from, or being the expression of a deity: sought divine guidance through meditation.
Being in the service or worship of a deity; sacred.
Superhuman; godlike.

Supremely good or beautiful; magnificent: a divine performance of the concerto.
Extremely pleasant; delightful: had a divine time at the ball.
Heavenly; perfect.

He is the divine son of God.

Quote: And there is a HUGE difference between development of doctrine and changing doctrine. For instance, every major Christian Church EXCEPT for the Catholic Church changed their stance on Contraception in the early to mid nineteenth century--did God's LAW suddenly change, or did people jsut suddenly want the conveniency of the pill?
Yeah, there's a big difference between "development" and "change." Point is... it's not exactly the same. I find it hard to believe that *poof* all the churches in the world changed. I need some proof of that. But yes, God's laws can change. The Law of Moses for example. If that's still in effect, why don't we do burnt sacrifices?
Quote: Also, you belief that there are two gods (Jesus and God) or your belief that Jesus is created (I can't tell which one you believe, you keep changing) are unbiblical. I don't have a list of all Mormon teachings so I can't jsut go through them and pick the unbiblical ones, unfortunately...
I do not keep changing. I think you need to read my posts a bit slower and think about them. Now read this slowly: I believe there is only one God. I believe Jesus is the chosen son of God. Alpha and Omega, the first and the last. There may be nothing in the Bible that says "Jesus was created" but remember, there is also nothing that says he wasn't. Don't forget, you yourself said that it's a touchy subject that no one knows for sure.

Look, I believe that God and Jesus are seperate beings. I believe that even as Stephen "saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God." (Acts 7:55-57) and they also appeard to Joseph Smith as seperate. There is no possible way for you to convince me that they are the same person, and that when God chose to came to earth, he chose to do so in the body of Jesus Christ.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"