View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 08:42 PM   #39
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
please, read this:

Quote: (Originally Posted by Gabriel) Whoooaaaa there Lith. Nobody, including the band, wants anyone to boycott anything. That was not the point. The point I was making was that Stapp was lying in his interview that Mark and him sat down and talked about this CD. The reason that the guys dissagreed with it coming out was a timing issue. Mark and Flip felt that this CD should come out way farther down the road when it would have more relevance and thus it would mean more to the fans. They were thinking about you guys.

Being so busy making this AB CD, honestly, Mark and Flip had not even remembered the fact that Wind-Up wanted to bring this Greatest Hits CD out. When Wind-up approached them about the release schedule and the content recently, Mark and Flip told them how they felt as I stated above.

Unfortunately, Wind -up had already sunk a bunch of money in this project and if the guys pulled the plug on it Wind-up would have been screwed with a huge money loss. Again, Wind-up has always been great to the guys and treated them like family so they did not want to hurt them financialy in this way. Mark and Flip agreed to let it come out but also said that they would not endorse or promote it or have anything to do with the content since they dissagreed with it on principle.

As far as to who picked the content? I would say a combination of management, Wind-up and Stapp possibly. I also want you to know that another provision that Mark and Flip insisted on(the two of them hold a majority position in the Creed company) was that no unreleased footage or B-sides be included in this CD. The reasoning behind this is that they want to do this way farther down the road(have a CD that would have a lot of unreleased stuff) when it would actually mean something to the fans. Right now Creed has been broken up for less than a year and some fans are still bitter and trying to find out who was at fault and whatnot. They want that dust to settle first. They also have taken a pounding from the critics and the media who deem Creed "uncool". Let some years pass, let the music stand on it's own and someday, way in the future, you all may have a very nice present for the holidays. Again, this is but a plan, but I wanted you all to know the guys thought process.