View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 10:14 AM   #1
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mark & Scott - Am I the only one who's torn??

I know we have done this before, but the more I hear about Alter Bridge, the bigger the division I feel in my heart. I am so excited about Alter Bridge and am proud of Mark and all that - I really truly am. But then I see the pictures of him and Myles and I think no matter what anyone says -- Scott included --they are original Creed boys minus Stapp -- and it doesn't feel right and there is no way in heck that it isn't affecting Stapp. It is like they are both my children and I am just as happy for Mark as I am in pain for the way it must affect Scott. I know I shouldn't think that they both can't be successful independent of each other. And I do think that we are going to get to see a whole new side or at least a new depth to Mark that wasn't part of the Creed formula - which is very cool. It also stirs up all that worry for Stapp like what the heck could have happened for it to come to this? I know Scott looks great and is making movies and doing charity things and such, but I don't believe for a second that there isn't more going on behind the scenes with him. I agree with Micheal that Scott is very very good at presenting himself. I think he could make us believe whatever he wants to. Anyway - I just noticed that as my excitement grows for Alter Bridge so does the sinking feeling I get in the pit of my stomach about Stapp.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie