Thread: Lyrical notes!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 11:00 AM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The thing is, these songs are two of Stapp's more "Christian"(and I hesitate saying that, because of all the Creed/Christian debates in the past) songs. It's obvious that this new song also deals with his new found faith. Obviously, during Creed, Scott was a struggling Christian. You saw that in the lyrics. Scott has changed a lot in the past few years. As a result, the lyrics and music have changed. Rather than questioning God, he'd rather write a song or two(or perhaps more) about his new found faith in God. As a Christian who was once in the same position as Scott, I can respect and like that. But obviously, not everyone will like the lyrics.

As for similarities between AB and Creed lyrics, I can't see any. I'm a huge AB fan, so I'm obviously not going to say that to bash AB and take sides. AB, lyrically, imo, is vastly different from Creed lyrically. Everyone has said throughout the years(up until recently) that Scott wrote the vast majority of Creed's lyrics. I still believe that, because those lyrics fit the man.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!