View Single Post
Old 06-09-2004, 05:10 PM   #38
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Huh.......

Quote: (Originally Posted by addicted2stapp) Ohh, I see what you mean. But I still don't think Weathered would sound like that. Weathered is...hmm..good rock.

70's Southern Rock would be bands such as The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd (that's the correct spelling...the weird y's are a reference to the band the Byrds), The Outlaws, Molly Hatchet and .38 Special. What was distinctive about it was what was called a "three guitar sound".

Duane Allman once said...."the term Southern Rock is redundant. Rock was born in the South, so saying Southern Rock is like saying Rock Rock."

Put the term Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in your search engine.....then look at some of the people who have been inducted...especially the early performers....notice where they all came from....grew up.

Current examples of Southern Rock would be the Black Crowes, (though they are no longer together as a band), and a band called Drive By Truckers.

If you dont' know what Southern Rock is, you probably haven't listened to it. Try listening to some of the first bands I mentioned....especially Skynyrd.....all the songs tell a story. And since this a place to discuss music and what people like and dislike.....what makes Southern Rock.....BAD. The fact that it comes from the South.....the people who play it.......? I'm not trying to pick an argument.....I'm just curious to know why.