View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 11:47 PM   #13
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Mark Tremonti Ultimate Guitar interview

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) -
-Honestly i have to disagree, i have high hopes for ABIII because Tremonti writes better now with kennedy than with stapp. I will love creed to my dying breath, but stapp isn't what he once was as a vocalist or a writer, if tremonti hadn't been co writing with stapp and been on guitar, full circle would have been shit. As it stands, some of the lyrics are questionable.

At the end of the day, enjoy what you enjoy, but to me creed is the passing phase and alter bridge will be where it ends up.

If stapp's voice continues in the arc it's going on now, i'm really not sure how long creed is going to last. At some point stapp will lose it entirely and it won't matter whether they've all made up or not, it's really unfortunate.
-It's funny that you bash stapps lyrics "saying without tremonti" they would have been "shit". And you also claim them as questionable. You know that Stapp writes the majority of Creed lyrics and always has, right? The only song Tremonti wrote completely by himself in terms of lyrics as far as we know was Torn. Tremonti may have had input in songs lyrics but it was always stapp that made them flow. Or atleast it was a joint effort. WAWO was All stapp, even mark admitted to this and that song won a grammy. Do you even listen to Alter Bridges lyrics? They are bad for the most part. Those songs get by on the music instead of the lyrics, which Myles is hardly involved with. "if tremonti hadn't been co writing with stapp and been on guitar, full circle would have been shit." There wouldnt have even been a Full Circle without tremonti being involved. What a stupid thing to say.

-Creed is definitely not a passing phase. The guys still enjoy playing and writing music with each other. They still have fans. If it were a passing phase then they would not have reunited in the first place.

-On stapps new Vlog he sounds pretty good. His voice isint what it used to be, i'll admit that. But I'll wait for the fifth album and world tour to decide if he really has lost it. He said he is going to start taking better care of his voice, he's stopped smoking.

And to Tremontiriffs77, If Alter Bridge never happened, Tremonti and the rest of the band would not have been able to experiment and bring the more original sound to Full Circle. Tremonti writes in terms of what sounds like Creed and what doesnt, like he stated. He mixed a bit of both in Full Circle.

Musically, I think a lot of the guitar work was tremonti. Stapp can play the guitar but he can't do what Tremonti can do. the only exception possibly being Rain which they stated was a song they have been trying to write since the early nineties. And maybe some of the more personal songs he could have possibly been holding for his solo album.

In the end, both parties grew in their time apart. Alter Bridge is good for Tremonti to do things he can't do with creed(like more metal stuff). And With Creed he gets to play in front of thousands of Alter Bridge fans and Creed fans. Then again, that would be implying that AB fans didint have their heads up there asses about creed in the first place. Tremonti has even stated that Creed is a 'legacy' and think Full Circle added to it in a positive way.

I look forward to Alter Bridge III, another Stapp solo and Creed V. I've been supporting all of them since they started and hope they continue.