View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 01:08 AM   #14
XenoN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I agree with your stance on how it's not for their best interest in releasing a ballad type song wouldn't be in their best interest if they're going for a metal-oriented sound.

My only thing is that people stereotype a band if they have a song that makes it into the top 40 / go mainstream. Look what happened with Metallica, for example. Half their fans abandoned them when they made their drastic change in the mid-90s.

I remember many of my friends being Creed fans until WAWO, and all of the charity stuff they did. Then I started seeing the "Even Jesus Hates Creed" t-shirts all over the place. I just hate that. I was a Creed fan through all the albums until Stapp's head started growing.

I agree with you though, RMadd... releasing Broken Wings would be a bad idea if they want to go with a metal-oriented sound. Although, if that's the case, then why were BW and ILM on the CD? Dare I mention DTML and Burn it Down? Those songs are all very Creed-like and very not metal (DTML is borderline to me, though).