View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #8
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I thought it sounded exactly like My Sacrifice in the very beginning. I realize that Mark is writing the music ... so obviously, his style is his style. That's why it is somewhat expected that it will sound like Creed.

On the other hand, I thought that Mark and Scott were "going in different directions" and that Mark preferred a slightly heavier sound. To me, there is nothing "heavier" about this song. It is very Creedish sounding. A lot of people seem to get defensive when someone says that Alter Bridge is Creed with a new lead singer. Well ... listen to the song again. I'd say that sounds about right.

I thought the same thing. I was rather stunned when it was as radio-friendly and Creedish as it was.

I kind of felt the same way about the hype of the Weathered album. They all kept saying there were extreme highs and lows - well the only extremes were Bullets and Lullaby. Tracks 5-10 all sounded about the same (of the same breed as Higher and WAWO). And then there's WGMB.

I just hope that on the Alter Bridge album there is harder stuff that's different from Creed.

Edited to note that I do like the song though.