View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 07:49 PM   #27
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by whitebird
<b>Hi-

I love your stories about your pets. &nbsp;One of my dogs is called The Phooka. For those that have never heard of a phooka, it's an Irish goblin. &nbsp;In Irish myths and legends, the phooka shows itself as a dog, a horse, or even a bull. &nbsp;Most often though it shows itself as a jet black dog with blazing eyes, who teases humans with naughty mischief. &nbsp;

My lab is jet black.

The other night, I thought she could have free roam of the house for the first time. &nbsp;I was wrong!!! &nbsp;The next morning I discovered that she had pulled off a 16" x 10" strip of leather off the living room chair. &nbsp;Of course, the strip was nowhere to be found. &nbsp;After talking to the vet clinic, it was decided that I should watch her closely, since we were sure that she had ate it. &nbsp;At 3:00 in the morning, in the black of night, in the snow, I had to follow her around &nbsp;with a flash light, to make sure that the leather reapeared, it did.

Sometimes, there is very little dignity in being a pet owner. &nbsp;Perhaps I've created my own little "Phooka". </b>

I've had some similar situations when I've taken care of my sister's dog and my parent's dog. My sister and I share a condo and when I take care of the dog for her, I naturally have to "pick up" after him so I know exactly what you're talking about, whitebird. LOL!!:P

Relearn Love