View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 04:08 PM   #13
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) You know...you are the one who doesnt understand....

I said that I want Saddam paying for his crimes (after his presence in a law court) in a prison jail...if he dies he wont pay enoughly for them(I used dies refering to his execution...please dont mock with my poor english) because I chose to belive in justice (actually if i wasnt a teacher Id like to be a lawyer)

I grrew up in a Western society...with western values as democracy, freedom, respect and justice...so I cant advocate violence (execution ) as a solution, even if in this case we are talking about Saddam Hussein.
and even though some of the cities of my country (not the whole country) have a very sad problem regarding to violence/criminal rates (like you are constantly posting this on board) theres no death penalty here: because we still believe in Justice.

Saying that war against Adolf Hitler is wrong is completely pointless !!!! Theres no connection with this issue...please STOP changing my words here!!!!!!!

Bringing up Adolf Hitler is a completely valid argument. Using your logic, you wouldn't support going to war against a man that killed millions of Jews. That is your logic, I'm not changing anything here.

Iraqi culture and Middle Eastern society in general believe in execution as a means for carrying out justice. You don't have to agree with it, but it's a cultural form of sentencing in their society. A lot of Iraqis who lost loved ones at the hands of Saddam Hussein believe that watching him die will bring them with some sense of closure. To them, justice will be carried out. I was brought up in a Western society, but most Americans still believe that the death penalty is fair. If someone kills a pregnant women, or rapes and kills a small child... tell me why we as tax payers should pay for their jail cell for 50 years? It's very costly to keep someone in prison for life. If they killed someone in cold blood... why should they be allowed to live at the tax payers expense? In terms of Saddam Hussein, you should respect what the Iraqis want and what their culture advocates. They want him to die and they should be able to carry out that sentence.