View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 07:18 PM   #150
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Man, it's an endless battle sometimes, isn't it? Don't worry Julbright, I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things soon enough. You are right about deprivation. It never works, at least not for me. Balance in all things...My mom was telling me about an article she read in a magazine recently that rated all the popular weight-loss plans out there from the South Beach diet to Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig. The bottom line was that all the programs were good for a jumpstart, but that in the end it pretty much boils down to eating less and moving more, LOL...Hehe, tell me something I don't know! Anyway, I've been doing a modified Atkins program. I eat all the fruit I want because there's no way I'm going to not eat fruit, LOL. What the whole approach did for me was get me out of some unhealthy habits I'd returned to and got me thinking about taking better care of myself. Today, I got into a pair of shorts I hadn't worn in four years. I was one happy girl .

Sheila, sounds as if you doing all the right things!

For me, a lot of it has to do with mental approach as well. I try not be negative about it (as I tend to be about things sometimes), and thinking of it more in terms of overall health, rather than weight loss, even though losing weight is a big part of the motivation.