View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 12:20 AM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
The one thing that bothered me was when Jim Nantz said, during the trophy presentation following the game, that this was the best Super Bowl ever. Best 4th quarter, perhaps (rivaled, in recent memory, by the 2000 Rams-Titans game); but best game, no way Jose. 2 missed field goals (by "Mr. Clutch"), 2 botched 2-pt conversions (a result of inopportune playcalling), only a small handful of stellar offensive plays (and, correct me, but only 1 record-breaker, the 85-yd TD pass), no particularly exciting defensive or special teams plays. To me, it was just another game, nothing more.
And I feel commercials are overrated. Every year, a big deal is made over how great commercials are, and yet, it would seem, every year, only a couple of commercials are truly memorable. Yes, it is when some companies try to put their best out there, but, IMO, only Anheuser-Busch (Bud Light and Budweiser) consistently have good commercials (and even their "drink responsibly" ads in the 2nd half weren't quality material). I'd say my faves were the Budweiser donkey, Bud Light horse's ass, and AOL high-speed commercials. Otherwise, just dull crap.
And who thought halftime sucked? Janet (wow... talk about looking too much creepy siblings), JT (when will he die?), Nelly, Kid Rock, and P. Diddy. When will we see truly great musicians? You know, the music most hardcore fans listen to (I'm talking some hard rock, maybe country). Yeah, Aerosmith was on a few years ago, but their appearance was destroyed by the presence of Britney Spears (she's hot, but her music sucks) and N*Sync (fags for ya). I wanna see some hard-rockin' music, not this pussy pop and r&b crap.