View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 03:27 AM   #30
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by WhatsUrCreed) Believe what you want ..."playing for just the music" is great and all but you cant be a bum on the street and just "play for music." No one will want to listen to you if you are some poor sap playing at small venues and thinking that your music is important. Music makes money. Entertainment makes money...AB will soon play much larger venues in order to make more money and support their large (if they ever get a really large) fan base. Sorry to say but AB is riding on Creed's glory right now whether they like it or not. You cant think of AB and not think of Creed no matter how hard you try...Creed was just too great to forget. Even people that dont listen to Creed refer to AB as "the members of that one band Creed." You will see a Creed reunion as soon as AB's flame burns out. (Which will be between 5-7 years i assume) Wind Up will make sure to milk AB and Stapp for all the money they can before they support a reunion album...WHy do you think a Creed best hits album is not out yet?? WHy release it now if Wind Up can make enough money off of just AB's album?? When sales go down...you will see Creed slowly making its return...WInd Up has many options now and they want to milk albums for all the money they can before introducing a new album. As it was already said...it really is all about economics and money..Dont FORGET...MUSIC IS ALSO A BUSINESS!

Thats why it is important that they begin to release singles that don't sound anything like creed. THats why i think they should start to release singles that sound nothing like creed, like Find the real, One day remains or Metalingus. People are going to call Alter bridge the former creed members for a while because thats what they can relate them too. YOu are also assuming that Alter bridge won't be able to pick up new fans, fans creed could never get. Let me tell you that a lot of noncreed fans are liking Alterbridge. Don't believe me? Ill give you some quotation from people from a musicans forum on www.mxtabs.net. You will be suprised.....

"It's already better than anything Creed ever did"

"i bought this album cause i was curious and open your eyes is mediocre, but the rest of the album, especially metalingus totally blew me away buy it"

"Yeah Alter Bridge is a good band, they are better then creed, and i dont think they sound anything like creed."

"They're pretty good. A big improvement from creed anyway."

"Creed sucked but i really enjoy alter bridge."

So even creed haters are digging alter bridge...

And your whole comment about money is just stupid. How rich are the Alter bridge guys? Pretty dam rich, so rich that they don't have to be in a band in order to live their rich lifestyles.(not that that is bad) This is why i believe them that they will never reunite if AB goes under, because they don't have to!

It doesn't matter though, because their is little chance of them going under in 5-7 years.