View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 05:05 PM   #28
kariyanine
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to kariyanine Send a message via MSN to kariyanine Send a message via Yahoo to kariyanine
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) the show was the best show I've ever seen!! Wish the same for you and your show! (Never saw Creed live)

Lith, I mean no offense to you (and I know we've had our differences on another thread) but I think that some of how you are looked at recently comes straight from your above statement.

You've never seen Creed live. I was just like you almost 10 years ago when I first heard Creed. Man they were the best thing I had ever heard (OK I may be exagerating here a bit but...) I mean c'mon awsome guitar work, driving bass lines and meaningful, pseudo spiritual lyrics. They were the best thing to happen to my music world since Guns N' Roses and Metallica. And then I saw them live.... and man it was an experience. An experience I don't even know how to begin to explain it was just that meaningful. Scott up on stage was just amazing. he was able to hold the crowd in the palm of his hand. Weather it was while telling a story about a song, leading the crowd or even just singing one of the songs. All eyes were on him and Mark and the pure emotion they were playing off of. I've been to alot of concerts and I've seen some of whom I consider the best (Billy Joel, Elton John, Metallica, Buckcherry, 3 Doors Down, Matchbox Twenty, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, Fleetwood Mac, Lynnard Skynnard, Finger Eleven, Sevendust, 12 Stones, Evanescence, Seether, Barenaked Ladies, AC/DC, Def Leppard, Chicago.. I could continue to go on) but Scott was the best I've ever seen. Maybe not the best singer but he had the best stage presence. And I think alot of long time Creed fans still think this way and that is why it is hard for them to get on teh Alter bridge bandwagon as strongly as you. And you being so hard behind Alter Bridge sometimes comes off as overly agressive. Just thought I would let you know.

I ahven't seen Alter Bridge yet. I get the chance in 2 weeks and I hope I think they are a great live as you say.