View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 07:27 PM   #75
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I didn't BAIL. Believe me....I listened to it, and there is nothing there that reminds me in any way of Creed.
I disagree. There are several songs that have a Creed feel to them, guitar-wise: Open Your Eyes, Down to My Last, Shed My Skin. The structure in these songs is very similar to the stuff that came out on Weathered. Mark has said that the band didn't want to totally alienate Creed fans by going in a completely different way. These songs were like a bridge between Creed and AB. I don't know how you can't hear the Creed sound.

Quote: I don't live to hear someone play a kick ass guitar solo on every song on an album.....I outgrew that when I was about 16....it doesn't appeal to me anymore.
That's pretty disrespectful to those of us who DO enjoy a good guitar solo. You complain about Stapp supporters not being respected. What you said pretty much disrespects fans of guitar solos, who, I assure you, are a lot older than 16 in many cases. And he doesn't wanker off on every AB song. You just don't like Mark, and that's fine, but don't criticize the music without backing it up with something more than " I outgrew that when I was 16."

Quote: They chose to go in the musical direction they did. Surely they didn't believe that every fan regardless of age would embrace their choice.
Of course they didn't. DUH.

Quote: Tremonti doesn't have that opportunity anymore....He said NO....He ended it....He made that choice, so why did you even have to bring him into the discussion?
Really? I'm pretty sure from what I've read that it was a mutual decision by the BAND to break up after they started trying to work on the fourth album. Both agreed it wasn't working anymore. It's apparent that Scott and Mark were going in different directions musically and personally.

Quote: People have pretty much given up any discussion of Stapp here, as it only brings about ridicule, but I get my ass chapped for saying I don't like Alter Bridge. Well that's just too bad......I don't.
You know, a perfect example as to why you supposedly get your ass chapped for saying you don't like AB is the ridiculous answer you posted in the thread about the meaning of the My Sacrifice video. Why didn't you just try to answer the question? No, you had to bring the Scott-fan persecution complex into it when there was absolutely nothing negative in the question regarding the My Sacrifice video. As I said in that thread: Get off the cross already. I think you're addicted to the drama and negativity of all of this. There is plenty of decent discussion about Scott Stapp; you seem bent on whining forever about the fact that Creed are no more and ripping people who like Alter Bridge and don't happen to like Relearn Love. If you don't like it here and you're not having any fun, go somewhere else. It's pretty simple.