View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 12:22 PM   #31
Justify
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Iraq's WMD Secreted in Syria, Sada Says

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) The same applies to me, I too would fight with any means possible against a dictator if I lived in a dictatorship, but ... and that's a big but, I would not force anyone to fight with me of for me, it should be everyone's own personal choice if freedom is worth the pain of physical harm or even death that could fall upon you.

In this case the USA took away that choice from the Iraqi people and put them in harm's way without giving them any choice in the matter.

Oh yeah... That explains all those Iraqi's who were so excited to tear down Saddam's statues. And all those Iraqi's who were so excited to actually be able to vote for their own government. I totally see your point. It was totally against their will. Do you think those people actually felt safe from physical harm or death under Saddam? No, they were worried for their lives under Saddam. So your point about their personal choice if Freedom is worth death is pointless. Those people were more worried that we would not stay and finish the job this time than they were that we were actually coming to take Saddam out of power. The people fighting against us now in Iraq are not the Iraqi's but the terrorist who think they can destroy our will. I say it is better to fight the terrorist on their own turf than it is to fight them here.
Matthew 11:30
His yoke is easy and his burden is light