View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 04:16 AM   #11
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) um, i voted for soccer (football to the rest of the world). american football is kinda for pansies. you run your ass off for 5 seconds, maybe 10 secs, 15 absolute (and very rarely) tops. then you rest a good 40 secs. and canadians prolly think they're all a bunch of billy-bad-asses b/c their field is 10 yards longer. soccer, they run 90 minutes straight, it's a game of strategy.
soccer is easily the most skillful of the codes but i'ld say for entertainment purposes its not as good....mainly cause of the prevelance of nil all draws. watching grown men roll over and fake injuries to get free kicks and penalties also is a little pathetic. playing a code of football where you can't use your arms is incredibly skillful.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) i've never seen a rugby match, but i imagine it's pretty intense. and i don't know the difference between australian rules football & gaelic football, but those are prolly pretty ballsy, too.
and, hayley, since he didn't mention NZ rugby, you coulda selected "other". just a thought lol.

both codes of rugby (union and league) are certainly intense, its basically americna football without the padding. the basic difference between union and league is that after 6 tackles (bring the dude to the ground) in league the other team gets the ball whereas union doesn't have that. aussie and gaelic football is quite similar except the gaelic players use a soccer ball, whilst aussie football uses what looks like a rugby ball that is longer and flatter. as far as i know there is no such thing as NZ rugby.....i think she's referring to league.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie