View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #21
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Live Videos From Buffalo, NY (8/8)

We aren't hating, we're just calling it like we see it.

What some of you seem to forget is that we are as much entitled to our opinion that his voice is gone as you are to saying that it isn't.

What i find ironic is that the people who are saying his voice is/may be gone are doing so in a fairly logical manner, while the people arguing his voice is fine are doing so by basically calling the rest of us idiots.

Stapp has been a professional performer for a long time, and being a vocalist myself, if you are going to preserve your voice, that doesn't mean you sing a song like what if a whole tone flat the entire way through the song.

Stapp blew out his voice, plain and simple. His voice has lost the upper 1/4 of his range, he can't sing as high as he used to and he doesn't ahve the vocal endurance to hold notes out for as long as he used to.

I love the man and the band to death, i respect the fact that he is finding ways around what he's lost, but those of you who are thinking it's going to magically go back to what it was will be sorely disappointed.

They would be wise to lower the tuning on their entire set so that he can hit the notes in that register.

Also, as you get older, your high range becomes more difficult to access, especially when stapp has always been a baritone to begin with. Add on top of that poor singing technique and alcohol/drugs and nodes and singing on top of nodes and you have what you hear now.

The AOL recordings are heavily edited. You can hear the pitch correction in the tone of his voice while he's singing.