View Single Post
Old 03-12-2005, 11:28 PM   #18
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) OHHHH thanks heaps for putting that down Hayley! Yay!
Haha you're welcome, put's the song in a whole different perspective, doesn't it?

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) So freaky cos this dude has been coming to our church and he is sorta the same. He can walk and stuff but he cant really speak. He has a sort of general sign language going on though, and he is so sensitive to the people around him. It was just amazing cos he usually is very shy and the first time he came to the service, he was smiling at people, making sounds and everything. Even clapping during the services. And U can tell that he is sensitive to God. It is just awe-inspiring. Heaps of us were crying when they brought him up onstage to introduce him. I find him really fascinating and fun and I am proud of his mother for believing in him and for the carers bringing him.
What a beauitful story! You should get him to listen to this song.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) and when I heard the lyrics the first time it was like God used it to speak it into my spirit, 'theres still something there'. I was bawling! LOL still do! OOPs!!! This aint the religion thread!!!!
Wow, that's awesome! When I first heard Miracle Drug the interpretation to me was Bono talking about Aids, how passionate he is about those who have the disease, I thought it was about that, but when I read up about it, I felt so differnetly, the song is absolutley beautiful.

Quote: (Originally Posted by aussiecreeder) wow I had no idea about all of that! That adds a lot more to the song, I guess his disablity gave his other abilities like increased memory.
Yeah for sure.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006