View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #42
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) "In fact [subsequent to the publication of Darwin's book, Origin of Species], evolution became, in a sense, a scientific religion; almost all scientists have accepted it and many are prepared to `bend' their observations to fit with it. . To my mind, the theory does not stand up at all . . If living matter is not, then, caused by the interplay of atoms, natural forces, and radiation, how has it come into being? . . I think, however, that we must go further than this and admit that the only acceptable explanation is Creation. I know that this is anathema to physicists, as indeed it is to me, but we must not reject a theory that we do not like if the experimental evidence supports it."—*H.S. Lipson, "A Physicist Looks at Evolution," Physics Bulletin, Vol. 31, p. 138 (1980) [emphasis his].

You know what..... People don't understand Darwin’s theory. Darwin is not responsible from the notion of A Biogenesis not by a long shot that notion came after the death of Darwin. The theory of evolution is an observable science. The problem with you 6 day literalists is the fact that you challenge us to find the missing link so we do and what happens you want the 2 missing links before and after that link and so on and so on it is a typical move to avoid acceptance that your story of Creation isn't literal truth.... I know many Christians whom are Evolutionists. Who are you to say that your god didn't use Evolution as a tool of his creation? How do you explain humans sharing 94% of the DNA makeup with dogs or 98% with Apes and chimps? I can keep giving examples.

If your god created this existence for humanity then he screwed up because look around in the vacuum of space you know what you see the most of?? Black holes so by that measuring stick one could say the point of your god’s creation was to make black holes because that seems to be the purpose of the universe. Because that is what is produced the most in this dimension. Besides what kind of quack throws a bunch of people on a planet too small to support life (at its current growth rate) and waste the rest of the universe with black holes? If there is a god we are obviously not the purpose of this existence we are nothing more than a by product. (thank you Richard Carrier)

I love the all of a sudden argument it has to be the most absurd notion that has ever been conceived by the religious fundamentalist movement there are plenty of things that are not taken in to account when making these arguments. Take your all of a sudden arguments and your flood geology and flush them down the nearest toilet (even though that would be too much honor for them) they are useless senseless and unscientific and any Christian apologist who says different is trying to sell you something (like their next book) do some real research not just the crap you dig up from these fundamentalist websites read something that challenges your viewpoint and maybe you might actually learn something rather than subscribing to the pathetic group think mentality that you are spewing

A Biogenesis: you criticize it far too often but you claim the same thing nothingness and poof life. The theory of A Biogenesis is much more complex than you give it credit for. Let me break it down for you like this ok are we paying attention because I don't want you to miss this

Creationist view of Abiogenesis

Simple chemicals-----------------------------------------------Bacteria

The true Theory of Abiogenesis

Simple chemicals-------Polymers-----replicating polymers-----hypercycle-----protoboint-----Bacteria

source

it is much more complex a theory than you make it out to be and if you are too stupid to realize that then I greatly pity you I have more respect for UD because I know that he at least studies and gives solid reasons for why he doesn't think it possible rather than quote mining the board to death not to mention wasting Steve's bandwidth for the mind numbing garbage you posted. Try using a damn link next time rather than wasting space you pathetic sack of parasitic bile.