View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 09:21 PM   #54
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
thank you Dogstar and Steve for your replies to my post...my opinions are like your's... my own...and for all the years i have posted, i claim nothing more than anyone else that posts does...just giving my observations from my point of view...

apparently because of the medium we make these statements in, it seems that saying what one means, or wishes to relate to a subject remains confusing... as those that read it feel it must be applied in some manner or form other than it's intended statement.

Something i am aware of is that no matter what some people say...it will never be what some people wish to read or hear...but there is no defense to what we call "just opinions"...for that is all they are....personal views, which will vary with every person...

as for enjoying reading such informational posts...I'll agree, they are of interest to many, and i have no problem with that...what i posted was not aimed at Michael, or anyone else that posts such information...at one point i have been one of those people posting such information...altho i doubt anyone remembers or really cared.

what does become bothersome is when the negativity starts towards someone as a human being...as you say i don't know stapp anymore than anyone else that posts...but it does appear that a lot of the comments...NOT ALL...are aimed at him as a person (since most people see the person separate from the lyrics/music)..not just his recent/past performances...

i fear that the idea i was trying to illustrate was totally missed, so i will restate, as that was the crux of my post to begin with...the lyrics/music for ME (maybe no one else) are not a "separate entity" from the person that creates them....for the person that creates the lyrics/music puts the person that they are or wish to be into their writing/composition...they are creating from a personal level...not just a technical level if they really care about their "gift"...an example musically would be Beethoven...he was his music and his music was him...artistically, for me it was Salvadore Dali...and lyrically scott stapp (these examples are just to make a point...i do have interests in other artists/musicians/lyrcists)...so when one dislikes the art...they are saying they dislike the artist...that is what it says to me.

and again as i said previously...this is how I feel...not saying it has to be right for anyone else, nor am i trying to make/tell anyone else to believe it...my post was just a statement of my thoughts on the matter, nothing aimed at anyone inparticular.