View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 11:06 AM   #24
NukkinFutz
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Lawsuit is back, but why?

Actually Julie, I was offended, as I am fat. And I eat fast food a lot, but I'm not retarded. But I do accept your slightly less than profound apology and I believe you're truely remorseful. As for the lawsuit, as a Fan, and I use the term loosely because though I love the music and and songs and performances(i've thrice been to Creed concerts), I don't follow the Band around, or purchase magazines because a Creed article is present nor do I purchase their CD's with any regularity, I think a lawsuit was the only recourse for these concert goers. They asked the band for their money back and recieved an apology letter that basically said they should be thankful and feel honored to have been in attendance at such a historical moment for the band. Allow me to side step this for a sec...If you go to any large chain movie theatre, watch a movie and find that it stunk or that it wasn't what it should been, as it was hyped up to be, or even if there was a crowd of unruly kids or people with babies or celphones, you can ask the theatre management for a refund and invariably you will get a refund or at least a free ticket to another performance to be used at a later date. The same situation should apply here. Give the people a refund or at least a free ticket to another performance. Look what it comes down to is accountability. The band had a responsibility to professionally perform a show and failed to meet a minimally acceptable level of said professionalism and when called on it turned lemonade into lemons by underestimating the dissatisfaction of the fans. Think about it, this is a situation where for want of teaspoon of water the forrest was lost. All Creed needed to do was Refund 230 bucks. I think my first Creed concert cost me 250 bucks(for two tickets! Thanks Ebay!) The Band should fire whatever moron wrote that shameful apology letter. At this point, the best thing the Band can do is reverse the flow. Turn lemons back into lemonade and do it in full public view as soon as Scott finishes 28 days in an inhouse 12 step program. How do they do this? For starters, a hand written letter of apology, followed by an all out personal invite to a show, including roundtrip airfare, backstage passes, all meals/drinks comped, front row seats and a limo to and from the nearest 5 star hotel. Now instead of 230 bucks, it'll cost the band about 5,000 bucks, but thats still better than dragging this through the courts and seeing the bands name and Scott personally dragged through the mud. And, if nothing else, it's allowing the band to be accountable and the fans satisfied. IMHO of course.