Thread: Christians
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 12:49 AM   #12
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
Well what about Egyptian mythology? It was never proven to be fiction, should I belive it too? Along with other long head religions? I mean they make claims a lot like Bible, and they did do some prohhesies which came true.

BTW who the hell was actually PROVING Little Red Ridign Hood to be fiction? haha

2StrubesGuitar: Quiran (aka Koran) will outsell Bible in near future. Believe it or not. It's hard to belive, but it's true.

You don't have to "believe" in it as in, claim it as your faith, but I never said it wasn't true. However, LRRH was proved wrong when the author has said it was fiction (meaning fake) and the fact that it is agreed upon by society as a whole, or at least the 99% who believe it is. We have no proof that egyptian mythology is fiction, but at the same time, we don't have proof that it is non-fiction. Society has not agreed upon that like we have LRRH.

In short, if you don't believe in Christianity, I don't care, but you shouldn't bash it. You shouldn't claim things as falseness, or imply falseness, when you don't believe in it. I don't believe in Islamic religion, Catholicism, or Egyptian mythology, but that doesn't mean they are wrong. I don't bash them, but I don't claim them as right at the same time. Kind of like how it is useless for you to post negative stuff about Creed, when you're not a fan yet a member of the board.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"