View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #14
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: A political random thought

Here's a little interesting info once again missed by NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN....... I found the last paragraph most interesting. I know someone who is also Mexican and he can't understand how I could not vote Democrat. What puzzles me is how he claims to be Catholic but supports a party that champions abortion and the homosexual movement. He supports the Dems mainly because they can be counted on to cut checks for the poor. My responce is, "my vote and principles are not for sale".

San Francisco Chronicle -

Sen. Barack Obama ditched his normal languid cool today, punching back at Gov. Sarah Palin as he spoke with reporters in York, Pa, hotly defending his work as a community organizer. He said he assumes Palin "wants to be treated same way guys want to be treated, which means their records are under scrutinty. I've been through this for 19 months. She's been through it, what four days?"

Obama's hackles were clearly raised by Palin's dismissal of his community organizing --a response to his earlier dismissal of her record as a small-town mayor. "Why would that kind of work be ridiculed?" Obama said. "Who are they fighting for?" The idea that community organizing is not relevant to the presidency, he said, just shows why Republicans "are out of touch and don't get it."

The Obama campaign was clearly on the defensive today, acknowledging how appealing Palin came across, and sending out surrogates hitting their talking points that Republicans have spent their time on attacks rather than substance.

Palin nearly hit Obama's record 38.4 million viewers for his Denver acceptance speech. The Nielsen ratings show she drew 37.2 million viewers, despite being shown on six networks to Obama's 10.

Obama said the "essential question" of the campaign is "who's got a better plan and agenda to move this country forward and fundamentally change it from the economic and foreign policy failures we've seen for the last eight years."

"The American people need change and want change and I'm in the best position to do it," Obama said.

Obama brushed off the attacks with, "I've been called worse on the basketball courts," and said all Republicans have done so far is dwell on "attacking me or extolling John McCain's biography."

He said the race is between him and McCain, and that he remains very glad he picked Joe Biden for his ticket, because he is "absolutely confident he's going to be able to help me govern."

The Nielsen ratings showed that Palin attracted a huge female audience of 19.5 million women, nearly 5 million larger than the third day of the Democratic convention when Hillary Clinton spoke.

The third day of the GOP gathering also attracted more Hispanic viewers than the third day of the Democratic gathering -- 1.4 million to 1.2 million -- even though Univision and Telemundo did not carry the Palin speech.

-Homer Simpson