View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #1509
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

January 18th

"A complaint concerning injustice from my 12 year old..."

Why is it that those who get ahead always seem to be the ones who lie, cheat, and steal? They not only get away with their evil deeds, but their actions are admired and paraded around the world.

~I will ask him to pray; Dear Lord, thank you for watching over me as those around me plot evil…

~And discuss this with him this evening; Daydreaming about wicked people getting their just desserts may bring a smile to your face, but thinking about revenge isn't healthy for your soul. Instead, we should commit the wicked and the evil they do to God in prayer. We can't stop others from speaking lies or taking advantage of us, but we can and should cry out to the Lord who watches over his people. God knows the truth about all people, and he hears and responds to the cry of his people. This truth can give us peace amidst all the evil of those around us.

Help, O Lord, for the godly are fast disappearing! The faithful have vanished from the earth!
Neighbors lie to each other, speaking with flattering lips and insincere hearts.
May the Lord bring their flattery to an end and silence their proud tongues…
Lord, we know you will protect the oppressed, preserving them forever from this lying generation, even though the wicked strut about, and even is praised throughout the land.

Psalm 12:1-3, 7-8

Heaven