View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 11:15 AM   #28
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Oh, I'll agree, at this point, Alter Bridge doesn't compare with Creed. I just pulled out MOP for the first time in a couple of months and I listened to the whole thing, without skipping a single track. I forgot how amazing that CD was. I mean, no track on that CD, imo, is skippable. You've got solid track after solid track after solid track. Whereas on ODR, I skip a couple(namely 2 out of the last 3 tracks) tracks. Even though there are some great solos and great tracks on ODR, it still isn't as good, imo, as MOP. But it is a excellent debut CD for AB, considering the amount of time they took recording it.

Well of course I am gonna disagree but we all know that

Quote: However, AB still COULD become better than Creed, maybe not from a success standpoint, but from a creative standpoint. What I'd like to see for the next CD is Myles writing all the lyrics(Mark's a decent lyricist, but I think Myles would be a better fit), a few more solos and if there are ballads, I'd like to see better ones. If AB can approve upon the first CD on the next album and then carry that momentum over to the third CD, then they could very well end up a creatively better band than Creed.

They will never match Creed's record sale success for a number of reasons: They(hopefully) are not going to sell out; they have a REAL rock singer, a TENOR, and people who listen to radio dislike tenors; Disc burning and downloading has become so much more rampant in the last five years that it is VERY difficult for a rock band to get that many albums sold. The pople who buy CD's are generally the people who can't download them, and while this is a horrific stereotype, it is nonetheless true--it is the 13 year old girls who can't download them. They are the main driving force behind the mainstream/pop scene, and any cursory look at the charts will show you that.

Quote: As far as the lyrics in Creed, there definitely wasn't religious stuff in every single song. Is there anything religious about Bullets? How about What If? Or My Sacrifice? Or One?

Did you just use bullets as an example of what a song's lyrics should be...? Come on, Titan, I know you are better than that. What If is actually the only song I don't mind the lyrics. But One is the msot preachy song I can think of at the moment...

Quote: See what I mean? There were spiritual meanings sprinkled into some songs, but not all. U2 does the same sort of thing.

U2's lyrics are actually good. Ask anyone who really works at songwriting, poetry, lyrics--Creed does not have good lyrics. Of course, this is a moot point because as I said, AB has downright rotten ones as well...

And as a final note--First of all, saying Audioslave is worse than RATM is ridiculous for a number of reasons. First, they are completely different types of music. Second, Cornell is a better singer than de la Roche, PERIOD, so if you are going to compare the bands, compare the bands--not the singers. Third, Audioslave doesn't scream the entire time. That is always a good thing, right?

And as a final, final note, such songs as My Sacrifice, One last Breath etc. are simply not that good from an objectvie perspective. I understand how far opinion goes and all, but things like this have been, done before, they are entirely unoriginal, are pretty darn simple chord progressions, and they all sound pretty much the same. Anyway, I gotta go.

I will come back and defend music's honor later. lol, jk