View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 10:23 PM   #59
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Well if there is NO POSSIBLE WAY to convince you that Jesus is God, why are we bothering? Are you that close-minded?

Jesus is either God, or He is NOT God. Considering how often he says He is the SAME as the Father, I would say He is gGd. I do not see how you can say He is below God when the Bible never says ANYTHING like that.

God's moral law does NOT change. Sacrifices are one thing; those are not the same as morality. Murder will NEVER be okay. In the same way, when every major Christian Church began changing their stance on contraception, it was jsut wrong. (By the way, the church's did not all change immediately in 1930, but by the sixties and seventies, every non-Catholic Christian church said condoms were okay, and before 1930 none had said so).
You can't convince me because it's what I believe. You're not willing to listen to me and my arguemnts, and can't seem to even acknowledge the possiblility of Jesus Christ as a created being. So don't brand me as the only close-mined one here.

When talking about contraception, don't forget that condoms haven't been around forever. The world is a changing place. Don't forget that the LDS church also believes that sex should be only during marriage and it's one of the things that is the same as in the Catholic church.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"