View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #90
mindstorm
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Atheism growing in America

I think believing that there is no creator is just as logical or illogical as believing in creationism.
Atheist does not believe in a creator. Then there leaves 2 possible explaination for our origin of existence.
1) There was at first nothing and bang, there was something and by some forces molecules aggregate and cells were formed and they evolved into present live.

Nothing is nothing. Nothing is no force, no energy. Nil. Zil. Null. To think that something can just appear out of nothing contradicts the principles of physics. Show me you can make that happen and I'll pray to you.

2) There has always been this existence and always will be.

This theory also fails since evolution of life has been shown true and continues to be. By the control of man, so many animals have "evolved". Just check out the various breeds of farm animals, dogs etc. Those breeds/strains never existed before. If so that means there exist a time where man did not exist yet, or at one time probably not recognizable as "man". Pushing it back further in periods of time of dinasours and so on, how is it possible that "there has always been 'this' existence?"

The reason why I believe in Creationism is because of two words.
Design and Force.

For a car/computer/business or anything complex that man has build and created that works requires design, sweat, trial&error and teamwork. How does atheist explained that life or the human body which is far, far more complex and requires unbelievable coordination of the various biochemical/hormones/neural/organs parts in order to work properly is without a designer? Poof, all molecules just aggregate together and they just work?
Ilogical.

This brings us to evolution of life. The big question. What DRIVES evolution of life? Answer- the need to survive. Next question. What DRIVES this need to survive?? Why should we even want to survive? What is the driving force behind a group of cells to be of existence? or before that, a strand of DNA to propagate itself? Is a strand of DNA in a protein soup life? Probably more as just a group of chemical molecules. And how and what causes these chemicals to just WANT to propagate?? Does the chair you're sitting on wants ever want to replicate itself? After all it is also a bunch of chemicals.
The FORCE behind LIFE is the most mysterious thing ever.

The most philosophical question ever asked was by a little girl looking out of her kitchen window. "Mum, why should anything exist at all?"