View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 12:13 PM   #28
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
First of, it will NEVER be a same-sex marriage because marriage is not defined by the state, but by the church. So if they do legalize 'same-sex marriages' it will ONLY be a civil union. Good luck trying to find a church that will actually marry a homosexual couple.

Bush proposed a constitutional amendment that marriage be defined and everyone, and their third cousin's mother-in-law got thier panties in a bunch. The president can propose as many amendments as he wants, but according to his role..defined by the constitution, he has absolutely NO role in constitutional amendments. he cannot even be in the same building as the constituents. To top that off, all amendments must be ratified by 2/3rds of the states, not the populous.

I am 100% against the practice of homosexuality. I personally think it is disgusting. But then again, thats only my personaly belief. I do believe that they are entitled to the same rights as we are. I dont believe anyone deserves anything, I believe we all have to earn the things we want. The chain of 'shot gun' marriages in San Francisco, IMO, is only harming thier cause. They want us to take them serious and allow them to have the same 'marriage' rights we do.... but they do so by mocking it. Then you see some gay rights activists who have the audacity to go on national tv and compare this to civil rights stand offs in the south. Just when you formulate enough pity to support them, they go out and do something incredibly stupid and lose all credibility. Those are my two cents.

Like steve said, this country was formed by religous and ethical principles. If you do completely remove all the factors that our founding fathers used when creating this country... you get, in one word, Canada. [and thats not meant as an insult]

As for affirmaive action, that to me, seems like the biggest slap in the face. Im a minority and I am completely against affirmative action. I dont see why I have to be awarded special treatment on the basis of my skin pigmentation, country of origin, preferance in food, or my native tongue. Its not the "American Dream" when it is just handed to me.