View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 12:59 AM   #13
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Many metal bands have satanic references, you can't deny that. Just look at the cover of most of them.
I dont deny that at all. I know what U mean, but sometimes the music just sounds good and just cos U R christian, doesnt mean that your taste goes out the window.

I also think that some music that most Christians think is purely satanic, can be used as a powerful outreach tool. Creedsister still wears her Slayer shirts proudly, and I bet that that opens the door for many encounters with young folks, or anyone that likes that music, to talk to her. She can then minister God's love to them. Whats in her is bigger than whats in the world.

I personally cant listen to slayer anymore (please dont get mad, Creedsister), and I had many of their albums, even worn their shirts, but due to the types of people I minister to I cant even have their stuff in my house.

Creedsister's ministry is different to mine though and she can. Perhaps some Christians would find that unwise, but God is using her and making an impact!

Another Chrisitan friend of mine can listen to Morbid Angel, but his wife cant tollerate it in the house. God has given him the ability to listen to stuff like that cos he works amongst other musos that listen to it.

Bottom line, it's God's call as far as I'm concerned.

There are some bands that are using symbols of all sorts and they have no idea of the power behind them. This also happens in the influences to the song lyrics. I love metal, but I dont deny it, and other music as being a strong tool for spiritual connection, good and bad. If U do U r mad I recon!

Black Sabbath were NOT a satanic band, though they would use the imagery etc in their lyrics. Satanists would wait around at their hotel room doors, but the guys from Black Sabbath would get there and go "WTF??". They were just song writers! Some listeners took it seriously though.

Quote: (Originally Posted by bgivens33) Just about any reference seems to be able to be turned into a satanic one. Ohhhh, Master of Puppets, that's about addiction... a tool of the DEVIL!!!

The song has the line, "...Dedicated to how I'm killing you", so they werent going, YEEEEAHH!!! DRUGS ROCK!!! GIMME MORE!!!!!"

Metallica did not write this song cos they believe that drugs are a tool of the devil, but those who know his tricks can attest to the truth behind their lyrics. Period.

ROCK HARD!!!