View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 09:40 PM   #3
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by benkenobi) Has anyone heard or read this book? I just heard about it from a P.O.D. e-mail and I did some searching on Amazon. Here's what they had to say...

"Faith, God, & Rock 'N' Roll" by: Mark Joseph, Dave Mustaine

Synopsis:
MTV and chart success for singing and praising the love of God? "Only in America" you might say, but the most powerful country in the world has become insular in its world-view and its music reflects what the nation is thinking. Featuring interviews and profiles from acts such as Sixpence None The Richer, Lenny Kravitz, Creed, U2 and Coldplay, "Faith, God and Rock'n'Roll" charts what's going on with God Stateside. Following on from his highly successful first book "The Rock'n'Roll Rebellion", which discussed why people of faith were coming back into the music industry in the 1990s, Mark Joseph now updates the scene on religion and rock in America.

Book Description:
God rocks! At least for an ever-increasing number of the global population. With the present unstable and the future uncertain, fans are reassessing their lives. One area in which this reassessment is manifesting itself is popular music. Faith-based rock no longer need be associated with evangelical "happy clappers" with their rattling tambourines and hellfire imagery. A more sophisticated version of religion now permeates the airwaves and dance clubs. This book explores that growing trend in detail through a history of the movement and interviews with some of its most prominent purveyors, from U2 to Lenny Kravitz to Cold Play. Included is information on which bands with "God on their side" have reached the Top 10, as well as photographs, and profiles of 60 artists whose work is fueled by religion or spirituality such as Bono, Donna Summer, and Bob Dylan.

P.S. Sound like some good stuff so I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up!!!
Here's a link to Amazon about the book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
Ha yes i know all about~~yes music is gods gods greatest gift and it is the universal lauguage~~And i could start a rambling here oh boy could i but im not~~Thank you for posting this I loved it~~And may the force be with you~~~~LOL haha
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything