View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #4
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
FYI: here is a copy of my wildly speculative post:

Some key quotes from the MTVNews interview/article I found interesting.

What lead to Creed's dissolution
Quote: The trouble wasn't that [Tremonti and Stapp] were clashing creatively. Personal issues, mostly between Stapp and the rest of Creed, caused an irreparable rift that ultimately led to the band's demise.

Who the 'quarrel' was with
Quote: "Scott and I hadn't been close for a while," Tremonti said, "and things just weren't working out. ... None of us really argued amongst each other. It was always Scott who had the problem."

Conflict during the Weathered Tour
Quote: ...Tremonti was forced to germinate new ideas with Phillips and touring bassist Brett Hestla... and the collaboration got under Stapp's skin.

On Scott's mindset
Quote: "It's not fun to count on other people when they're not that focused," Tremonti said. "Scott wasn't in the mindset that we were. He wasn't as focused on the current tour. He had 800 things on his mind, and I think that distracted him from what we were doing."

Quote: "He definitely had his plate full, whether it was professional or personal," Phillips said. "He always had the cell phone going," the drummer added, with an eyebrow raised to relay his disgust.

"When every day just seemed to get weirder and weirder, it's natural to start discussing that with the people around you..."

The infamous Chicago concert
Quote: "My entire family was at [the Chicago] show," Tremonti said, "so I was very irritated. But I forgave Scott for it. I talked to him about it, [but he didn't] offer any kind of explanation. That's probably what bothered me the most."

Tremonti's mindset
Quote: "I'm more driven now than I've ever been," Tremonti said. "If you've tasted it and been there, you need to get back. Rock and roll, to me, is like a drug. I need to get out there and perform and get the music out there. That's why we've been a band for only five months and we're coming out with a record in another two."

Plea for history
Quote: "Even if you loved us or hated us," Phillips emphasized, "remember us."
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 06-05-2004 at 09:26 AM.