View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #1537
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

February 10th

"Smile again on your desolate sanctuary..."

Most of us can think of one or two "inherited consequences" in our lives. Others may have made bad decisions, but we seem to be suffering the results. This is what Daniel was experiencing in Babylon. He knew he was there because his nation was being punished for generations of sinfulness. So he prayed for his people... God's people. From the land of punishment, he begged the Lord for forgiveness. His plea for mercy was based solely on God's compassionate character.

The Lord still disciplines his people when they refuse to walk in his ways, only now God's people are the church rather than an actual nation. Spend some time today praying for the Lord's forgiveness and guidance to help what has become of His wounded church.

O our God, hear your servant's prayer! Listen as I plead. For your own sake, Lord, smile again on your desolate sanctuary.

O my God, listen to me and hear my request. Open your eyes and see our wretchedness. See how your city lies in ruins for everyone knows that it is yours. We do not ask because we deserve help, but because you are so merciful.

O Lord, hear. O Lord, forgive. O Lord, list and act! For your own sake, O my God, do not delay, for your people and your city bear your name.

Daniel 9:17-19

Heaven