View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 06:03 AM   #50
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) You're right about Billy, that's for sure. He's totally underrated. I think he's really talented. I do agree Maynard's vocals are more prominent in APC and yes, easier to sing to, but I still find both bands' music easy to access. Take Sober from Undertow, or Schism or Parabol and Parabola from Lateralus. I can't tell you how many times I hit repeat on those to sing along, LOL. I love listening to Lateralus in the car, on my walks, at the gym, LOL...That's an interesting comparison with OK Computer. That's a bad-ass album, too .

i don't think there are any at least of note on their two albums but you've seen them live maybe you can enlighten me, any solos live? is he a good soloist or he doesn't indulge in that? There are songs from Tool that do leave you wanting more but I find with APC it is two thirds of the album or more. Billy Howerdel has to be one of the best songwriters in the business, different some call it "stoner rock" but it certainly gets in your head. Anybody else think he looks a bit like Billy Corgan?