View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 02:04 PM   #201
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I also have gained acceptance of myself in MOST situations! It has been hard but I realized that at the end of the evening (or whatever) that people are going to remember their interactions with me etc - not my weight. I actually avoided seeing my best friend from HS in person for like 3 years after I had my first kid becuase I was so ashamed of my weight. I now know that if I am focused on the weight and am withdrawn and anxious, then that is what everyone would remember. SO I am pretty much over that - EXCEPT FOR when it comes to Scott! I SO want to be my best self WHEN I meet him (which will happen). Even though we try not to, I do believe that people form judgements when they first meet you based on your appearance. And since Scott doesn't know me at all I want him to SEE how great I am before he gets to KNOW how great I am !!!!! LOL Maybe it is becuase the reality of it is when I do get to meet him (which will happen) the likelihood is that is will last all of 5 minutes and I will probably only get one chance. I want him to remember me skinny. Maybe that is something I still have to work on but that is my honest thought process on it right now.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie