Thread: BW on VH1
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 10:29 AM   #51
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If he goes poppy, chances are it's because Wind-Up wants him to go poppy. I highly doubt that he himself wants to put out something that everyone except teeny boppers will hate. I think it's going to be quite similar to Creed(hopefully not a complete copy-cat, though) and we all know how successful Creed was on pop radio. Heck, I still hear Creed songs on the radio on a real consistent basis nowadays. I think if Stapp continues to use the Creed sound, whether that's the MOP sound or the Weathered sound, he'll be successful and shouldn't be hated too badly by the critics or others. I just hope he doesn't go Rob Thomas, going from a band that wasn't exactly that poppy to being a really poppy solo artist. Although Thomas has still been successful......

Uncertain, trust me, there are more hated artists out there. I'm willing to bet that there are more Justin Timberlake or Fred Durst or Britney Spears haters out there than there are Stapp haters. Besides that, just because an artist is hated by some, that doesn't mean he won't get radio airplay. Happens all the time. And he's definitely not too old. The previously mentioned Thomas is older than Stapp, if memory serves correct. And yet Thomas has had great success on pop radio. Same with Bono and the rest of the U2 guys. It's not all about age; it's about the music.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!