View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 10:16 AM   #26
shunammite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I already posted this at the PIt on the thread about this interview....some on the thread there expressed uneasiness and said they were "not religious"...here were my thoughts...I might be the most religious fan Creed has, if you measure that sort of thing by posts about religion on the net, lol.

Quote: There are two ways to think about Christ...one way is he's one Person and if you don't get in line you are the enemy of God....the most extreme "church" position is basically this, but they don't really mean it, they are just groping after Truth/Beauty and trying to keep society safe at the same time, part of the "power structure."

But the other way...and Creed helped me cross over, lol...is to see that Christ is the Template of every person, every man is a part of His Body...we are all "children of the Most High" (Ps 82:6) being "perfected by suffering"....suffering is just "experiences"...as was Christ Himself, Heb 2:10, 5:8, I Pet 2:21. Every person, at every moment, is doing what he thinks is "right" according to his own limited vision, Prov 16:2...if we Loved, we would listen to one another and pool our vision and see everything, but we are too afraid...it is fear that keeps people in Bondage, and makes them cruel to one another, and dying is scary and we are supposed to stay alive as long as we can, it isn't so simple, Heb 2:14-15.

I don't think any person is truly "not religious" because that would mean they would not CARE about What is Right...I don't think any person thinks only of himself...but we just cannot see enough, alone...and what we can see, we are afraid to act on. I have a lot of respect for people who conscienciously avoid organized religion, though...and am finally forgiving people who participate in it, a little bit.

I think Gibson already made two movies about "christ", Braveheart and The Patriot, the big heroes are big examples of Christ...but there is a little "christ" in every one of us, pulling us along the painful but noble path...a woman especially finds out about "christ" when she has children...what it means to live for someone else's benefit and forget about yourself if necessary.

I was feeling a little queasy about this movie, my son's Christian school is taking the whole high school to see it, I think a lot of fundamentalists think it will make everyone run to pray the sinner's prayer and march down the aisle at a Jerry Falwell crusade. I was afraid it might just push people to hate one another for Jesus...just what those who bring up antisemitism feared..

But I hope it will help us see Jesus in one another...as much as ye have done it to the least of these, ye have done it unto me...there's a Peace inside us all...a Prince of Peace...let it be your Friend.

Sorry for bringing the religion in here...I am glad to hear about the interview, and feel a bit better about Stapp's state...the bible as just another book...well every work of Art...real "gut expression"...is the Word of God to me...and the bible handled by people who are dumb is not...you have to Love God/Goodness and Love People...AND LOVE YOURSELF...to be blessed by the Bible.