View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 02:12 AM   #1
tuluks
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Recording update from Brian and flips mum

taken from fliponline:

Brian:

""I'm bummed the Magic lost at home. hopefully the Red Wings will take it tonight! Flip is done with 9 of 12 songs in the studio with Creed. We should start Tremonti's guitars by this weekend and bass by next week end""

Mrs. Phillips (flip's mum):

"Scott said last night when I talked to him that his tracks were essentially all finished he just needed to do some 'drum comping' today. Belinda, you probably know what that is but I didn't so I asked. He said that he'd do two or three more takes of each song which they'd use for the finished version if parts were better on the comps than on the first version. So I said "kinda like cut and paste?" and he said yep that's how they'd do it.

As for whether they were all there while he was putting down the tracks, they were. He said that they were fooling around with some bits and pieces of songs that Mark had and put some of them together to create a couple of new songs that they all really liked. Scott is really happy with the music they're creating--some hard, some softer, a good mix. I think Mark goes next to record--I thought it would be Brian but I think he goes third--then the vocals. Scott said that the producer has been really great to work with--he knows what he wants from them and how to best get it. I told him I couldn't wait to hear some of the new stuff. Maybe I can "persuade" him to slip me an advance "