View Single Post
Old 08-06-2003, 04:32 PM   #32
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: What do you think?

Quote: Originally posted by StappStalker
My mom been saying that we need to go to church and i asked her can we still believe in god and not go to church and she says we need to go to church.And im 18 i should be able to make my own decision what do think?

This is not an easy question to answer but this is my best attempt - God gave us 10 commandments - he could have chosen any 10 things he wanted to to tell us in those - he chose to tell us to keep Holy the sabbath and he tells us to honor our mother and father. If you are 18 and live in your parents house - then you should honor them. If you are on your own - feel free to explore your faith. But if you believe in God, and the 10 commandments then we have a responsibility to keep Holy the sabbath day. The bible also says wherever two or more are gathered in my name I too am there - that is pretty strong encouragement for sharing your faith in a community. Plus just like being on these boards - it enriches your beliefs/interests to share them with others who believe as you do. Church however is not even half of it - I have a rich spiritual life that has nothing to do with church. Church is not the only aspect of spirituality nor does going to church make you spiritual.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie