View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 09:20 AM   #67
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kim V.) I don't think I've been going through this with blinders on, so to speak, just wishing to hear official word (which we all know never came) before accepting the rumors as truth. I know it's "only a band", but Creed and their music have had such an impact on my life; seeing them live on NYE in Philly was one of the most exciting moments in my life. It makes me so depressed to think that a band that has meant so much to so many people might not play together again. I know, we've all heard so many different things; they're just doing solo projects, there's no time frame on this; they may indeed reunite some day, etc. I can't even begin to tell you how sad this makes me, and what makes me even sadder, in a strange kind of way, is seeing how easily most people on this bb and the Pit are taking it and moving on, like it's no big deal, even looking forward to Mark's new band, almost glad that Stapp's not in the picture......maybe I just don't adapt to change very well....I just thought we'd be hearing so much more from Creed in years to come, and the thought of that not happening sickens me. I pray that somehow, whatever happened between the guys, they can put aside their differences and work through them. Mark and Scott started Creed as good friends, making music that changed people's lives. Can they really throw all that away? The friendship? The magical music they created together? Is anyone else having a hard time with this the way I am? Peace.....

BELIEVE ME, I am upset over this and wish it was not true. But what is getting all bent out of shape and upset going to do? NOTHING!!!! In the last few months of my life I have had MUCH bigger things to get upset and devestated about trust me! I wish Creed was together as much if not more than a lot of you. They were my saving grace for so many years, and "escape" for me. But I refuse to get myself all bent out of shape over it, my psyche can't take anymore sadness!
I just choose to "go with the flow" what other choice do any of us have anyways? Getting upset and racking our brains over what happened is not going to get them back together. I have and ALWAYS will have a deep burning love and desire for STAPP, that will never change. But I like the rest of the band members as well. They would not of been CREED as we knew it without all of them. So I wish them well and hope they are happy, I have learned that simple things like happiness are precious and so important in life. So if they go on to do seperate things then so be it. Yes it is sad, and it lets me down, I wanted so bad to go to see another tour this year. But that is just not going to happen. Creed has given me so much even if they were around for a short time. The great friendships, the incredible music, the "escape" I will always be grateful to them.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"