View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 07:03 AM   #81
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) I'm not goiong to wallow through all the bickering, I was a young teenager when Clinton was Pres, so I'll just give my two cents-
Yes, Clinton was good for America economically, but so was his cabinet, his advisors the two hundred ppl a day who told him the facts, gave him reports, etc. I think it's a little naive to just hand a good economy to him. He wasnt a great president, however.
He had a great office, yeah. He had selected and appointed people in his office. Great president is one that surrounds himself with capable people, because running a country (ANY COUNTRY) is too much for any one person.

Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Personally, I cannot trust anyone who can first cheat on their wife, then lie to her about it,then, on a much more personal level, lie to me, an American citizen, under oath, while being the President of the United States. I personally think he should have been impeached. He committed the crime, he shouldn't have gotten away with it.
You're missing a point -- his crime was not directly related to his activity as a president. Do not hold presidents for higher standarts than others -- this is just a job, and you want not a saint to be doing it, but a qualified person.

Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Bigger picture-what was America suppossed to do? Sit back and say nothing? Become the land of 'heartless, greedy capitalists' who not only stab each other in the backs for money, but cheat on their wives as well? The President is the image, the figurehead of America to the rest of the world. It was bad enough that he did what he did. Then he showed the rest of the world and America that he did not even have the courage and decency to admitt he did it. By lying under oath, and breaking our laws to suit him, he undermined everything a president stands for.
again, just my two cents.
You know what? Rest of the world LOVED Clinton. Moreover they had thought that Monica incident was really unimportant. Moreover most people (including me) have hard time understanding on why Americans care so much about that entire ordeal.
If you want US's image to get better in eyes of other nations -- get rid of Texan hick who's currently in office. Really.