Thread: scott pic
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #28
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: scott pic

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) but is PRS tremonti a type of guitar. That is what I am assuming ... but the "tremonti" part is tripping me up. Or is it literally "his" guitar?

Sorry for the dumb question. Just curious.

PRS(Paul Reed Smith) is a guitar brand. They make Electric guitars of various types. PRS also makes artist signature model guitars(Carlos Santana, Mark Tremonti, that dude from Good Charlotte, just to name a few) that are made according to the artist's(in this case, Mark Tremonti) specifications. So, in this case, a PRS guitar is made just the way Mark wants it. He probably specified to them exactly what he wanted as far as design is concerned, and probably wood-type and other things as well. So, basically, a PRS Tremonti is a guitar that was made just how Mark wanted it to be made. PRS Tremontis were sold in guitar shops and online until 2004 when Gibson(another guitar brand) sued PRS because Gibson claimed the PRS Tremonti was too similiar to the Gibson Les Paul. PRS lost the initial case but eventually got a ruling in their favor. They can make PRS Tremontis again, but haven't yet. So the only way to get a PRS Tremonti is to buy it online. In Tremo's case, he gets his guitars custom made from PRS.

In a nutshell, the PRS Tremontis are made to Tremonti's specifications, but sold to the general public. They're guitars based off him, but anyone can buy these guitars. So, it wouldn't be illegal for Goneblind's guitarists to play PRS Tremontis, just as it wouldn't be illegal for Tremonti to play a PRS Santana.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!