View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #10
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Re: Who Would You Like to See Run in 2008?

Hilary is far too liberal to win over a majority of votes in lots of the red states, and even some of the blue states. If Kerry couldn't pull it off, she's got no chance.

I found a very interesting article regarding Hilary a couple weeks ago (I'll have to find the actual URL) that was pointing out Hilary's voting record in the Senate. Prior to a couple of months ago she was voting against most of the conservative and moderate bills being proposed in the Senate. Then all of a sudden Bill Clinton started making public appearances and giving speeches regarding how Bush screwed up the war and that the troops need to come home. At that same time that Bill started giving these speeches, Hilary changed her voting patterns in the Senate and began voting very moderately. The analyst of the piece pointed out that without a moderate, semi-moderate belief system she probably wouldn't win an election. Seems as if she's preparing herself for a White House run.

Regarding the poll, I think you left out some key people that may be running. I don't think Kerry will win the nomination after his debacle last election. One of the top names being thrown around in the democratic party is Senator Feingold of Wisconsin. Another senator is also being tossed out there but I can't remember his name right now.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"