View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 03:49 AM   #25
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) I posted it because it's reality. Hasn't everyone here who wishes Stapp well been told to be realistic...to look at things the way they are? Record sales don't indicate if a band is good or not...I agree. But record sales are what determines if a band is gonna make it. If ya got enough cash to record, release and sell your own records, then you got the bucks to do what you want. But record companies aren't in it for the "fun". They are in it to make money....just like any other big corporation. CD's that don't sell big aren't making their record companies money....so at some point the record company has to look at what they are getting in return for their investment. It may not be fair to the bands out there that can't find huge fan bases....but its the reality of the music business.

And to the person who claims that ODR has sold almost a million copies...can you point me to a link on a reputable website that states that. Their largest sales numbers were 95,000 in one week...their first. I'm sure they may be close to selling a "gold" record....but one million copies?

Call me negative if you want.....but I don't make the statements without facts that back them up. I've never come here and said that Alter Bridge would suck. I actually listened to them before I decided it wasn't something I was particularly interested in. Two people can both look at the very same thing, and both see it differently. I've never said I hope they crashed and burned...anyone who knows me and the places I post will tell you I've always said I wished them luck. If others here can speculate and postulate about Stapp's personal life and say he needs to relearn music...then why can't we realistically discuss what's going on with Alter Bridge? No one hesitates to start a discussion about Stapp, especially if it's something negative. But, why does every discussion of Alter Bridge have to be void of any criticism at all. That makes it a very obvious double standard...the way I see it.

I actually wish them "ALL" of them luck and hope that they all end up doing what truly makes them happy.

1. My bad i meant 100,000

2. its been a month, you can't tell how bad they are going to sell.

3. Radios are giving AB's live preformences good reviews, thus it's good advertisement, thus more fans.

4. They will pick up noncreed fans to replace those creed fans who don't like AB.

5. I never said you couldn't critique AB, I have given many concerns i have had as well.